Thursday, March 17, 2011

 Hi everybody....
Well, this is my new blog. An effort to document my renovations and hopefully make people want to buy things from me.

So, here is my first project, a wooden coffee table given to my by my friend Leah, who found it on the side of the road, destined for the dump (or some other scavenger's garage).
Fortunately for me, Leah never got around to refinishing this baby...
But I, driven by the fact that it was taking up all sorts of room in our already quite furnished apartment, did.

 Here you see the before. Almost. I forgot to take a photo before I sanded the top. You get the idea.


Here she is fully sanded. Kind of looks cool that way, but I had other things in mind.



Like this!


Yes, I am proud of myself.
It sold with in 2 hours of being posted on Craigslist.
Awesome!

1 comment:

  1. That is a gorgeous color!!
    I tried responding to your question about the stripes but you have a "no reply" setting, so I'll respond here ;)
    The stripes are not perfect...the picture looks that way, but they are not. I have heard fabulous things about Frog Tape..I knew I'd distress this chair, so I didn't need them to be perfect. I think you can get Frog tape at HD or other hardware places!

    ReplyDelete